- December 15, 2015: Libraries, Advocacy and the Implementation of the 2030 Agenda
- October 26, 2015: The role of competencies in librarians’ Continuing Professional Development
- July 30, 2015: Exploring the PhD Option
- April 16, 2015: Making the Leap to Library Leadership
December, 15, 2015
“Libraries, Advocacy and the Implementation of the 2030 Agenda”
- Fiona Bradley, IFLA Manager of Development Programmes, will discuss the new IFLA Toolkit.
- Niclas Lindberg, Secretary General of the Swedish Library Association and member of the Management of Library Associations Section, will share information about how their library association has contacted and is collaborating with their government.
Event moderated by Loida Garcia-Febo, Webinar Series Coordinator, IFLA Governing Board Member, ALA Executive Board Member.
Description: A one-hour webinar supporting the new IFLA Toolkit, “Libraries and the Implementation of the 2030 Agenda.”
October 26, 2015
“The role of competencies in librarians’ Continuing Professional Development”
- Anna Maria Tammaro – Chair at International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)
Keynote “A framework for lifelong learning and teaching: the competencies paradigm and Library Associations “. The competencies framework in relation to the development and advancement of the library profession.
- Simon Edwards – Director of Professional Services at CILIP
“Identifying, developing and gaining recognition for your knowledge and skills using CILIP’s Professional Knowledge and Skills Base”. CILIP’s Professional Knowledge and Skills Base: how it was developed and how members and employers are using it a part of CPD.
- Judy Brooker – Director of Learning at the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
‘The Australian Library and Information Association professional development scheme and the formation and role of LIS specialization competencies in supporting ongoing professional learning’.
- Matilde Fontanin – member of IFLA SC CPDWL, AIB Associazione Italiana Biblioteche, University of Trieste
The draft document “Guidelines for Continuing Professional Development: Principles and Best Practices“, approved by CPDWL during IFLA WLIC 2015 in Cape Town and awaiting for IFLA approval.
July 30, 2015
“Exploring the PhD Option”
- Fiona Jardine – PhD Candidate at University of Maryland, College of Information Studies
- Sandy Littletree – PhD Candidate at University of Washington, Information School
- K.R. Roberto – PhD Candidate at University of Illinois, Graduate School of Library and Information Science
This session explores the LIS PhD programs as another option for students thinking about joining or currently enrolled in an LIS graduate program.
“Making the Leap to Library Leadership”
- Eva Dahlbäck; Acting Head of Customer Service, University of Stockholm; Stockholm, Sweden
- Kimberly Sweetman; Library Consultant; Amsterdam, Netherlands
This webinar is designed for people who have been called upon to serve a leadership role and those who wish to take on more leadership responsibility. The session outlines essential skills for 21st century library leaders and help participants gain a deeper understanding of their own role, as well as that of their department and library within the larger picture of their umbrella organization. Topics such as emotional intelligence, professional behavior, understanding organizational culture, change management, and intellectual agility are be covered in a practical, non-theoretical way.