The NPSIG Blog is the institutional representation of the group and one of its principal spaces in the web. All the content of this blog responds to NPSIG objectives:
- Spread and promote the participation and seek collaboration with NPSIG online activities: Webinars and virtual meetings.
- Spread and promote the participation and seek collaboration with NPSIG in-person activities as part of the World Library and Information Congress: Open Sessions, IFLAcamp (the NPSIG satellite meeting) and business meetings.
- Offer a space to new and experienced professionals to post about innovative issues, experiences and initiatives.
- Become the gate for professionals to get involved with the NPSIG, to gain access to the rest of its platforms and social network, as well as joining as a volunteer by completing the online form.
- Offer an initiatives list for new professionals in all the world to promote their participation in their country´s professional associations.
2) About the content:
The post content should be original, current and relevant to the group activity.
It must be properly documented with normalized references.
It mustn’t have offensive content.
It mustn’t have explicit political content.
About the style preferences, it is recommended:
No too long sentences.
The use of subtitles to organize the information.
The correct and moderate use of bold, italic, external links and CAPITAL letters
The inclusion of a number of images appropriate to the content.
The selected images must have all the currentusage rights.
3) Revision of contents:
It will be performed by qualified professionals, who will evaluate the post content and will modify it for its publication if it’s necessary.
The current categories are:
- Bar camp
- Call for papers
- Guest post
- Working meeting
The professionals in charge of the blog will receive the posts of the contributors and will establish the proper category under which they should be published.
If it’s considered convenient, new categories will be created.
The post can be written in any language, especially in the seven IFLA’s official ones (English, Spanish, French, Arabian, Chinese, German and Russian). In order to allow a better global diffusion, it is desirable that the author presents an English version.
The NPSIG blog is grateful for external contributions, which allow the incorporation of opinions, the exchange of experiences and the always enriching feedback. The proposal in relation to external contributions consists in:
Requirements for the text:
- The text must be original and relevant to the topic of this blog.
- The content must be informational, leaving aside advertising texts.
- It is suggested an extension between 7 to 10 paragraphs, which shouldn’t exceed 7 lines.
- Any image or hyperlink accompanying and enriching the text will be welcome.
- The title must be significant and the authors are encouraged to include meaningful phrases in bold format.
Requirements for the author:
- The author must attach a photograph and a brief CV (no more than 5 lines)
- It is requested an appropriate grammatical and orthographical use when elaborating the text.
Every contribution, as well as every post, will be subject to revision, and the authors will be informed about occasional changes that condition the publication.
To send us a post, please write to our contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Style manual written by: Andrés Reinoso and María Violeta Bertolini