Submit your paper to our joint session with the Environmental Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group!
ENSULIB and NPSIG are partnering up at WLIC 2015 in Cape Town, South Africa for a session on sustainable development for libraries. See below for the official Call for Papers posted on the conference site for more details!
Theme: Green transformation for sustainable development
Environmental Sustainability and Libraries (ENSULIB SIG) with New Professionals (NPSIG) are seeking proposals for papers to be presented at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Cape Town, South Africa 15-21, August 2015.
The Lyon Declaration was launched at the IFLA congress in Lyon in August 2014. The Declaration claims that access to information, and the skills to use it effectively, are required for sustainable development. ENSULIB with NPSIG Open Session will provide an opportunity to share projects that support the goals of the Lyon declaration, the emphasis being on environmental sustainability. Papers which exceed this goal with new ideas concerning environmentally sustainable services and practices in libraries are welcome.
Papers presenting environmentally sustainable projects, experience, initiatives or services with an innovative touch are preferred. Papers should reflect the 2015 IFLA Cape Town conference theme“Dynamic Libraries: Access, Development and Transformation”.
Discussions May Concern:
- Green information
- Green libraries, i.e., environmentally sustainable buildings
- Environmentally sustainable services
- Environmentally sustainable practices
- Environmental policy and management
- Or other suitable topics
Proposals should be sent to: Philippe Colomb
Proposals must be submitted by 27 February 2015 and should include:
- Title of the proposed presentation,
- Abstract, no more than 300 words, in English
- Curriculum vitae of the author(s),
- Contact details and professional affiliation(s).
The abstracts will be reviewed by section committee members of the ENSULIB and NPSIG. Selected presenters will be notified by 20 March 2015.
The IFLA World Library and Information Congress will be held in Cape Town, South Africa 15-21, August 2015. During the Open Session, 20 minutes will be allowed for the presentation of each accepted paper. Please note, although every effort will be made to provide simultaneous interpretation into other IFLA languages, interpretation may not be available.
Requirements and Important Dates for Speakers
- Final papers should be 3000-6000 words in length
- Papers should be original submissions (not published elsewhere).
- Papers must be submitted as formal papers for inclusion on the IFLA conference website by 1 May 2015.
- Papers and accompanying presentation slides must be submitted by the 1 July 2015.
- Papers should be submitted with a one-page abstract in English, although the final papers may be written in any of IFLA’s official languages.
- Papers will be made available on the Conference website and eventually in the IFLA Library.
- In accordance with IFLA’s Statement on Open Access all papers that are presented at the WLIC 2015 will be made available under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0) license.
All proposals must be in before 27 February 2015.
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Cape Town. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to authors.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage.