Hello, LIS students! We have a wonderful proposal to offer you!
The IFLA Division C is continuing to host the “Webinar Series for LIS students” which was initiated by the IFLA Division IV – Support of the Profession in Spring 2021. These webinars aim to create a place for students to share their projects, research, and ideas about different topics related to libraries. Each webinar will address a different theme. All events are held online and are open to everyone (no registration fees).
October’s theme is “International Engagement and Collaboration – Getting Started”.
We are interested in hearing about how you have started and got involved with your international engagement and cooperation, whether through a joint project with a partner library, through conference visits, stays abroad, study trips, internships, etc.
The proposal may focus on:
- Benefits of the international collaboration for library patrons
- New possibilities and projects for the library through international work
- New options for your own career through international involvement
- International experience within a LIS program
Library and Information Science students who have already had experience with international cooperation at all levels are encouraged to submit a proposal about the topic. Proposals (in MS Word) must include:
- Name, title, institution, email of speaker(s);
- Brief biographical statement about each speaker (maximum 100 words);
- Title of proposed presentation;
- Abstract highlighting its relevance to the theme (maximum 400 words).
Submit your proposals to Albina Krymskaya (email@example.com) and Susanne List-Tretthahn (firstname.lastname@example.org). Accepted participants will receive a certificate from IFLA Division C for presenting at the webinar. Presentations will be delivered online by the presenter, in PowerPoint format. Each presentation will last for 25 minutes, including 5-10 minutes for questions and answers.
Important dates (might be changed due to keynote speakers):
- Deadline for submission is October 13th 2021.
- Three proposals will be accepted for presentation and the accepted participants will be notified by October 20th 2021.
- This month’s webinar is held on 27th October 2021 (Time will be confirmed depending on the time zones of the speakers).